This journal provides rapid publication of complete research reports and reviews in the field of psychiatry.
The scope of the journal encompasses:
- Biochemical, physiological, neuroanatomic, genetic, neurocognitive, and psychosocial determinants of psychiatric disorders.
- Diagnostic assessments of psychiatric disorders.
- Evaluations that pursue hypotheses about the cause or causes of psychiatric diseases.
- Evaluations of pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic psychiatric treatments.
- Basic neuroscience studies related to animal or neurochemical models for psychiatric disorders.
- Methodological advances, such as instrumentation, clinical scales, and assays directly applicable to psychiatric research.
- Reviews of timely topics in psychiatric researc.h
- Letters to the editor will be considered for case reports, comments about previously published papers, or secondary data analyses.