Impact Factor: 2.445
General and Comparative Endocrinology publishes articles concerned with the many complexities of vertebrate and invertebrate endocrine systems at the sub-molecular, molecular, cellular and organismal levels of analysis. Although by no means comprehensive, submission of manuscripts in the following areas of endocrine science are encouraged:
• endocrine regulation and interactions in physiological processes ("systems" biology - reproduction, body fluid homeostasis, skeletal and calcium homeostasis; gastrointestinal function; integumentary function; neurophysiology; cardiovascular function etc);
• endocrine pharmacology;
• the role of gene expression in endocrine systems;
• behavioral endocrinology;
• developmental endocrinology;
• growth factors;
• endocrine- environmental interactions;
• immuno-endocrine interactions;
• neuroendocrinology, neuropeptides, neurotransmitters;
• hormonal receptors;
• molecular evolution of hormones and gene families.
• Comparative Molecular Analyses
Manuscripts that advance understanding within and between these broad disciplines are especially encouraged.
All articles published in General and Comparative Endocrinology will be immediately assigned to an issue upon acceptance, without having to wait in press. This will mean immediate publication for all authors, upon completion of post-acceptance publishing processes.