With a focus on human integrative and translational physiology, the European Journal of Applied Physiology publishes original research that is considered likely to further our understanding of the functioning of the intact healthy human body under a variety of environmental (e.g. altitude, climatic, gravitational) and exercise conditions. Contexts include those relating to occupational, sporting, recreational and daily activities throughout the human life-span from childhood to old age.
- Presents research on the function of the intact healthy human body under a variety of environmental and exercise conditions
- Examines occupational, sporting, recreational and daily activities throughout the human life-span from childhood to old age
- Analysis draws on molecular and developmental biology, biomechanics, biochemistry, endocrinology, and nutrition, as well as all aspects of human physiology
- No publication charges except for special services (Open Access, paper offprints, e-offprints, posters etc.)
- Color art is free of charge for print and online publication
- 98% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again